This week’s recipe is inspired by my own spring break plans–or lack thereof. Even though I’m not going anywhere warm next week I will pretend that I’m sitting on the beach while enjoying this fruity dessert.
9-inch refrigerated pie crust
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup reduced sugar strawberry spread
1-1/2 cups assorted cut-up fruit (fresh or dried)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Cover baking sheet with cooking spray or a little bit of butter
3. Arrange pie crust on baking sheet, folding the outside edge over itself about 1/2 inch.
4. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown
5. Let crust cool for 5-8 minutes, then evenly spread the peanut butter and strawberry spread on crust and top with fresh fruit.
6. Slice pizza into triangles or squares and serve.
**You can use canned fruit for this recipe, but fresh fruit usually tastes so much better!
This recipe was adapted from “Peanutty Fruit Pizza” http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Peanutty-fruit-pizza-298529?columns=4&position=3/31&ad=347705,cf324122-fda9-448e-87ea-f11277d9500a